View Single Post
Old 19-11-2018, 09:27 AM   #67
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: NBN so far, whats your experience?

I just used speedtest.net ... and link to my carrier's server (not any other carrier).

My modem advises sync speed as well ... it's only the basic SAGEMCOM that comes with it.

I rang up the other day and set it up ... apparently needs a new MODEM ... it gets sent out next week. Even though i am FTTN here and still use my existing copper.

I'm only going to the 50Mbps service for now. works out cheaper than ADSL2 as well ... go figure. But I do have a staff discount (which is in use now).

My area is wholesaled through Telstra (even though I am Optus) .... well was Telstra DSL though the area ... depends who owns what now to the Nodes themselves and what the backend capacity really is.

Have been told to expect about 40Mbps during heavy usage periods .... which is still double what I was getting anyway.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: