View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 05:42 PM   #418
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Where are they living whilst saving their ****s off until late 20's?

Any of these have kids of their own mate?

So would i be right in assuming the key is to spend the first 20 years in nappy's or school, the next 10 years saving every dollar for a run down house, the next 30 years paying off that overpriced rundown house and then what, life begins at 60 if (insert incurable medical condition) doesnt get you first?
Happy days!
The niece and boyfriend now hubby have been together for 8yrs, their choice I guess before marriage, were living at home prior, then were out renting for a few years both times saving - they still had their entertainment times but thats all varying how some take entertaining/going out.
Whats wrong with a run down house ? I started the same feeling broke and forever paying off, did as much reno myself in 5yrs sold it just under double but spent minimal, made some extra, back into mortgage and bought suburb better but ordinary house again.
What do you expect.

The rest of your bottom paragraph is life mate.
Just some get less debt sooner than others - some even from back in the day probably never paid off their house and have just the pension to live on, some obviously own their properties and are self funded retirees, takes all types.
Some die younger with nothing due to incurable decease as mentioned, some don't and have it all but pay through the nose.
As I said, thats life make of it what you will, up to you, before and today.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"

Last edited by FTE217; 01-06-2018 at 06:09 PM.
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote