Old 01-06-2018, 04:10 PM   #415
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/mon...27-p4zhtx.html

nice. young people have no chance of entering the property market and now they're criticised for staying at home longer than previous generations.
What a load of bollocks.
I see the journo has a hyphenated surname, say no more.

Wonder what they would have said that my brother stayed home till 30yrs and countless others back in the days, who wrote about that back then ? no one for there are countless reasons why not just because of affording a property.
In saying that, leesa, young people not having a chance.
Another generalised comment.
There will always be those who get themselves in a position who can and those who cannot.
If everyone was the same we'd be in a sorry place I suppose thankfully not.
As Charliewool quotes, his own boys have.
Late last year my late 20's niece and new hubby just bought a run down semi in inner Sydney - from saving their ****'s off for a number of years - funny just as myself and wife not a the time did as well way back then when it was meant to be affordable.
I say that for when we were saving I thought FFS this will take forever....but alas in time it didn't AND I thought signing for that 1st mortgage dump was like signing away for a million bucks back then.
My eldest son @ 25 is nearing his target with his girlfriend/wife sooner or later to putting down a deposit but I suppose they had no chance as well.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote