Thread: Crypto $$$
View Single Post
Old 31-12-2017, 01:49 PM   #293
CJR09
RPO 77

Default Re: Crypto $$$

Interested to hears others thoughts on the below - very much thinking out aloud so probably not as coherent as it could be but...

If XRP the coin/token cannot be traded for anything as in you cannot possess it and use it to purchase things and in effect is not a share in the company Ripple Labs then what is its real value?

I am assuming that we are all competing on the same market for a share in the XRP coin/token pool which would include all financial institutions that are taking it on board to use for their fund transfers.

I am thinking that when it becomes entrenched in the system and is used by the majority of financial institutions for fund transfer what happens next? The financial institutions will market on the speed of the transaction but are likely to still charge for the privilege - so XRP on the crypto market is entirely a speculative bubble?

Will the value of XRP be tithed to current financial transaction costs? ie why would a financial institution buy into it if it was going to cost them more than what it already costs them for their current system?

So the real value of XRP cannot surpass the real cost of the current transactions albeit at a nominal inflationary rate? I say this because for every transaction part of the coin/token is consumed as XRP is deflationary (and so will inherently rise in value as stock dwindles) so to compensate for that the institutes will have to increase charges to cover off the coin/token cost?

So is this where XRP withold coin/token and release as necessary to keep the XRP price down below the existing financial transaction cost? Thereby limiting the sort of meteoric rise that other coins may experience? Knowing that XRP total is about $100b? $40b odd in circulation at the mo - would be interesting to know the real cost of existing traditional transactions (swift etc) - if i was a banker (of which cleary i am not as this is likely all just gibberish) I would not buy into it unless there was some sort of guarantee that costs were not likely to surpass existing costs for the foreseeable future - perhaps 10-20yrs?

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote