View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 10:37 PM   #160
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Dude, get down to Rays outdoor pronto, they are having a closing down sale here in Adelaide, all bar the enfield store anyway,
called in to the marion store on my way home. looked like a dick smith store.

firstly, most of their 'discounts' were not real accurate, although technically correct. the discounts were based on the RRP price, which makes it look like you are getting a massive discount, but none of that stuff ever sells at close to the RRP in any other store.

having said that, it was pretty reasonably priced and i did pick up a 4 shelf storage cupboard. anything really worth anything had long gone it looks like. there was a range of tents there, but we are after something that has a nice big awning that you can set up your kitchen etc under, and the only ones that really suit are the blackwolf turbo tents. We've all but decided on a blackwolf turbo lite twin 300. its another large tent (similar footprint to our currant 2 room cabin tent as seen in pics at the start of the thread) but we like the space and we look for bush camping sites that have more remote sites and not too mainstream.

our next trip is october school holidays and we've just booked a bush camping site at Spear Ck caravan park. its a working sheep station at the base of the flinders ranges. not a lot of info online but enough to interest us and hopefully it lives up to its reviews.
the official site is pretty ordinary with only a single line mentioning the bush camping option
http://www.spearcreekcaravanpark.com.au/

this site is a bit better
http://www.gocampingaustralia.com/spear-creek.html

anyway, it sounded nice, has a flushing toilet and is out in an area of australia that i've never been, so it ticks a few boxes.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: