View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 11:15 AM   #15
manchu

Default Re: Buying second hand MC Mondeo titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaveo View Post
I think the extended warranty from the Holden dealer sounds like an excellent path to peace of mind, assuming the cost and T's & C's aren't too draconian.
Everything I've read about these types of after market warranties indicate they're not good value due to servicing restrictions, low caps on repair cost, un-covered items etc etc.

I'm not saying don't get it, but definitely read the PDS carefully and also compare with other 3rd party warranties. eg. RACV

~$800/3yrs Covering Engine/Gearbox/Diff. Up to $3000 per fix.
~$2200/3yrs Covering as per manufacturer warranty. Up to market value of the car per fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaveo View Post
  • manchu - 2012 MC TDCi, 72,000km - Resolved fault - Multiple 'Transmission Limited Function' events with loss of drive, coming good after restart. TCM replaced under warranty.
Hopefully resolved ;). Picking up today after almost a month waiting for the part!. My fix is under Stat Warranty and has been handled well by the Mazda dealer (loan car, work done by Ford etc). I'm sure I paid a premium over buying from dodgy (Car City esque) dealer, private or auctions but very glad I did. I'd like to think the Holden dealer OP is shopping at would be similarly good if there's any problems.

If buying privately I'd definitely get an RACV or equiv. pre-purchase inspection. Apparently RACV is liable to repair faults that arise within a certain time after purchase...that's what my mechanic told me anyway.

edit: Re. my specific powershift issue. 1st time it happened I'd been swapping between D&S modes and doing some manual shifting, but nothing harsh. 2nd time I'd been doing similar, but also had done a few hill starts. The fault occurred shortly after when driving normally. May have been coincidence, but definitely put the transmission through it's paces when test driving.

Last edited by manchu; 01-04-2016 at 11:30 AM.
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: