Thread: Vans
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2016, 12:27 AM   #20
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Vans

Did a bit of leg work today, still waiting for a price point, but the new vans have so much going on. Height is probably my main issue, that being said, throwing on roof racks bumps everything up. The caddy vans are the shortest, but with roof racks they are as high as the transit custom, but are smaller in the back then the existing express. I don't care about stuff like digital radios or whatever, but all the bottom range vans have a rediculous factory inclusions, which aren't a sell point to me. iLoads don't look half bad, but again with roof racks they will be in the 2100mm range. Same with the hi ace. The one advantage the hi ace has is its old school being a cab over engine, making it a touch shorter overall. I had a look at the transit, and the thing had half the things we would have to get fitted anyways, height of 1987mm with the racks folded down and still rated to 130kg, but the price is way up there and I don't really need heated seats or 900 12v outlets... after getting the green light on a van, it's looking almost easier to live with an lpi falcon with a higher canopy, as irritating as it would be...
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote