Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 17-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #2134
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
For those that don't want to pay the exorbitant primo price for Strava then what I do is pay for Cyclemeter Elite which is just under $7 a year (Strava is just under $7 a month) which I prefer over the Strava app anyway, it just doesn't have a web interface.

Then cyclemeter automatically uploads to your free Strava account within a few minutes of pressing done when your ride is finished ready for you to view.
What does cyclemeter elite give you strava free does not? You can still auto upload with the free version of strava and access lots of goodies, there are just more features available with the premium version, many folks won't use them though. https://www.strava.com/premium

To be honest, for a featured piece of software like strava and all the development that gets done, as a senior technical manager for a large online company, I can appreciate what it takes to run something like that. I'm happy to pay for it.

some great features here too. http://labs.strava.com/projects/

There is also a massive community with strava too. I have met many folks through it that ride similar routes to me, even live nearby. Organised group rides (Speaking of which, Melbourne based folks - who's up for it?) are also frequent.

It's not littered with ads to pay for an infrastructure to stand it up and store all your data either.
Theres direct integration with a shed load of devices that actually works as well as features fed back to those devices that work most of the time......Hello Garmin, hows live segments coming along?....

For the money IMHO its well worth it, I resisted it for years opting to use other apps, but at the end of the day I succumb and I'm glad I did.
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: