View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #92
rednose
RNS10S

Default Re: Home Theatre systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Hi George, yes it was Davide. He's a very knowledgeable guy and knows his DLS products.

Definitely do your research, you have to be happy with the purchase at the end of the day.

Krix stuff is pretty good and I am not surprised that its still going strong to this day.

As far as I am concerned though, my DLS speakers are probably one of the best wall mounted speaker on the market for what I wanted in terms of all round clarity and value. The mid range is very punchy but not intrusive, and it is backed up by a decent sub to tie it all off. Originally I wanted B&W in wall speakers which were better again in the higher DB levels offering excellent crispness, but at double the price range of the DLS speakers, it meant I had to compromise in other areas of the room due to my budget.

As I mentioned before, my design brief entailed as much clarity, and precision as possible when hearing sounds like gun shots, breaking glass, crashes etc. The speakers also had to look like they belong in the room. Being wall mounted I was concerned about the appearance in if they will suit the room and still perform.

I had a minimalistic approach to the home theatre, I wanted it to look crisp and clean but stated and uncluttered, yet able to punch out some seriously clear sound at any DB level. Heavy bass was not on the agenda, but it had to be there to pick up the areas of sound tracks in movies as well as musical environments. The sub I have has been chosen, professionally fitted into a custom box and carefully tuned to capture the lower DB sounds just enough to not be prominent but definitely know its there when required.

I know I could get even better again, but for what I paid, I am very happy with the performance this system offers.
Thanks Shav,

Will be dealing with Davide when ready, i'll probably go XL LCR and MIDI for the rears.

Cheers
PTE6235 - 11.0 @ 135 on Nitto Invos - 10.4 @ 140 on ET Radials
rednose is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: