View Single Post
Old 20-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #674
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Pet hate for today....

MORONS who either deliberately or through sheer stupidity mislead you when trying to make a deal.

Todays case. I found a guy on Gumtree who said he had permapine posts to get rid of cheap. I called him to confirm the availability and price and made it VERY clear I needed posts at 2.1m minimum for the job I needed them for. "yep, yep, no worries, got all sorts of lengths, we'll just pull out the ones you need." says the moron. So today in 40c+ heat, pulling a trailer, I drive nearly 700km up into some obscure rural block in the Adelaide hills to go see him first, only to discover, when I get there, that every post is just a 1.8m paddock fence post . So I basically drove 100km out of my way for nothing and wasted not only the fuel getting there but the 2 extra hours that I could have been getting all the other stuff I needed in Adelaide today.

The old AU wagon shone today though I must say . Left home at 2am this morning and got home at 9.15pm tonight. It pulled my 7'x5' gated box trailer 1400km today in this 40+ heat and on the homeward leg the trailer was carrying 5 packs of steel star droppers,10x 2.1m galve fence posts, a 30m roll of chook wire, a 400m roll of barb wire, 2 x 3mx2m cyclone wired gates and about 10m of plastic dipped cyclone fencing, oh, and a couple of post hole diggers. It did it at the speed limit with the A/C going flat out and didn't miss a beat. I was so proud of it today I might even give it a bath tomorrow.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: