View Single Post
Old 20-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #98
ShootsWithFilm

Default Re: Outstanding service!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petepower View Post
Were your paint issues something the rest of us new Territory owners should be aware of?
OK, here is the run down.

We bought a SZ TX limited during the Run out in January. The example that we bought was an August build that had been sitting in the show room at the dealer that we bought it from.

During pickup, we did as thorough as an inspection as we could. During this inspection we found a small irregularity in the paint work on the front passengers door, just under the mirror. It looked like it has been scratched or chipped, touched up, but it was also odd, as there was a light spot next to it. The sales guy marked it down on the sheet and advised us to get the service department to look at it @ the 3k service.

When the service came around, it was just before we went on a driving holiday, so we were told to contact them again when it we were back. There was a whole bunch of too'ing and fro'ing between us and the service guys for another 6 weeks, until they SPOKE to the sales manager, who then organised it to be fixed within 2 days. (In the end, the service dept looked lazy, the sales guys covered themselves in glory as far as I am concerned).

So, 2 panel shops looked at it (service guys sent me to 1, sales manager sent me to another) and both said it looks like it may have been damaged at some point in time, probably a big chip and someone has tried to buff it out. It appears that they had then buffed through the clear coat.

The second panel shop that it went to did the repair, which consisted of a respray of the door.

We did have one more issue - when we picked up the car from the panel shop and the first time I saw it in the sun after it had been there, we noticed massive swirl marks on the front guard, that were not there before. The panel shop said that they did not touch the guard and that it must be due to washing, working on, removing the crappy glaze that the dealer probably coats the car in to make it look schmick. The dealer then paid for this to be corrected.

In the mean time, we also had the panel shop respray the bonnet and the front guard. This was to fix up the multitude of stone chips that was served up to us from some dick doing 90 KM/H, driving on the verge, on our trip to Vic. Obviously, we had to foot the bill on that one (still trying to decide whether to claim it on insurance, but its probably not worth the hassle).

In reality, the issue was a bit of a non event, just something that needed to be fixed. But, in typical car yard/service department fashion, it was dragged out months longer then it should have been. The moral to the story as far as I am concerned, is to have all issues sorted before accepting delivery. That was our mistake.

SO.....after all that, opti-coat has now been applied...

sorry for the long reply, but you did ask!

Cheers

Last edited by ShootsWithFilm; 20-07-2013 at 05:55 PM.
ShootsWithFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: