View Single Post
Old 27-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #141
Phil B
Clevo power!

Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmattie
I thought of you the other day when I found this Phil. I'm not sure if you've seen it yet.[/URL]
May have seen it, did look at a few a while back, tis pretty cool but no one else has been crazy enough to make one the size of mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjgs
An original distributor with an optical trigger fitted will be fine or an aftermarket dissy from MSD or Mallory works. From memory the shaft size is slightly smaller in a black block.
Thanks, will see what I end up with, and the spark amplifier with either of them? Haven't heard of the amplifiers before.

Quote:
Carby. zink will be a gold finish, alloy silver, (natural colour), that's the only difference.
Actually looked into it because I had no idea and there is a difference actually. 2 zinc ones, one gold, one shiny silver like you said, but there is also a new one out that is all aluminium and is apparently lighter, but have looked around and found conflicting reports on quality.

Links from Holley website to explain:
Gold coloured zinc
Silver coloured zinc
Aluminium

So not sure what to go with there.

Quote:
If you plan on an engine rebuild you MUST fit a new oil pump. not spending $70 on a new pump gets expensive if the old one stops working in your new engine.
Sorry I meant not planning to get a bigger one.

The purple monster, daily BA XR6 turbo.

Scale Lego Technic XB Coupe with working bits! Build thread
Phil B is offline   Reply With Quote