View Single Post
Old 16-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #27
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: WS Fiesta - Alternative Long Term Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez WQ
As I have said. Get over it or sell it. Your issues are not what others need or want to hear. Your long term review is a complaint or issue that will remain unsolved until you sell it. The pinging in my car is not a issue nor will it reduce the life of my cars engine. There are may types of pinging and you have confused yourself with that
A few points:

1. 'Sell it' - unable to due to lease - pls read previous posts so such irrelevant comments aren't made.

2. It wouldn't remain 'unsolved' if Ford had mechanics that knew what they were talking about. I never claimed to be an expert, nor a mechanic.

If you read the original post, I clearly state:

"According to Herrod Performance workshop, the biggest Ford performance workshop in Australia, the car should be running with no issue on 98 RON, since 95 is the recommended fuel. Several other performance workshops have diagnosed the problem: however, when I have informed 13 FORD of their findings, I have simply been told their results are invalid because they don't have Ford's diagnostic equipment!"

I didn't sit online and just complain about the problem, I went out, at some expense, to several performance workshops - ones that have built drag engines, amongst other things - where they diagnosed the problem. One couldn't believe that Ford didn't rectify it before delivery, but I digress.

If several - three in fact - workshops diagnose there's a problem that should be immediately fixed by Ford then their expertise is good enough for me.

If online jockeys such as yourself (and others) wish to disagree with such workshops then that's your perogative. It doesn't change experts' findings.

The pinging in my engine has been diagnosed as severe by people who know what they're talking about: not keyboard warriors who wikipedia their arguements....

I suggest FezWQ you take your car to a workshop other than Ford - if they say it's nothing to worry about then good for you. Otherwise have a handy $6-$10K lying around to fix/replace your engine.

And, I can categorically state, any pinging at all is undesirable: in a new car on 98 it is unacceptable.

Furthermore, in a country of free speech, there is nothing that compels you to read, let alone post, on this thread: so why complain? Just ignore it. Or are you actually concerned about your pinging engine?
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote