View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 02:22 AM   #28
GTB 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Gtb 351 - 1983 To Now And Beyond!

I could'nt agree more Brute 33, but we are heavily outnumbered in our clubs. Sometimes it feels like being in a historical society.

Going to jump ahead to now for a bit and show off the new diff -

It was made by Pat Larizza at Extreme Drivelines.
Its a full floater 35 spline alloy housing just a wee bit narrower than standard. I've got a Strange pro case, Detroit locker etc thats been waiting for a number years for this diff.
I knew my old diff would not take much when I first got the car on the road and started getting organised to do the diff about 5 years ago. I was getting some grief about the blown budget (again!) So the diff was forgotten for a while, after all, I could drive the GT now so that would do would'nt it? Just had to keep the tune soft and not let the right foot play up - easy?!?!
All went to plan until a few months before Echuca when I decided to step it up a bit. I did'nt want to be embarassed at Heathcote so built the new pipes, put the cam position and wide band lamba sensors on, got a good sequential tune etc. Decided I'd run the car with exhaust and street tyres to be on the safe side - did'nt matter, as many of you know the first launch killed the diff. I was a bit surprised as I thought I was taking it easy. I would have been happy with one clean run to see my mph through the traps, but it was not to be. It turned out I did some engine damage too, but thats for later, cheers for now.
GTB 351 is offline   Reply With Quote