View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #481
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Ford strike back with police cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVKILLA
Quote:
“The police car program is very much alive and we will sell thousands of police cars,” Devereux said.

“We are putting police cars on boats … every month. The police car program is alive and well, I just wish we were selling more of them.”

Devereux said Holden initially hoped to ship as many as 17,500 Chevrolet Caprice Police Pursuit Vehicles to the US per year in the long term, as well as planning to sell more than 4000 Chevrolet Caprices to the Middle East this year, but conceded neither would eventuate under the current economic conditions.

“With the [Australian] dollar at $1.07, we’re not seeing the kind of export growth that we were anticipating.

“We’re going to sell thousands of police cars [to the US], but I would have liked to have been in the five-figure range and above. Given the police car market in the US is 70,000 units a year, I would have liked to take 20 per cent of that, maybe even 25 per cent of that.”
Caprice PPV sales for January 2012........ 92
Caprice PPV sales for 2011 .......880

Deveraux is insane, GM have dropped PPV to $26,000 and still no takers.

Dodge Charger V6 is being sold for around $18,500
Charger V8 Hemi and defunct Crown Victoria $23,000
AWD Taurus PI and PI Ute will be around $23,000,
Ecoboost AWD Taurus PI will be around $25,000,
Taurus PI FWD will be approx $2,000 less.

A RWD Caprice can never match the wet weather and snow performance of an AWD Taurus
and the Ecoboost AWD Taurus is just that much better at everything...

Police want to reuse their CV police gear and computers, not buy new equipment from GM.

Deveraux cannot afford to write off Caprice PPV, it will ruin Holden's figures...
They have lost without a shot being fired from Ford yet...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote