Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #344
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 
Default Re: New to cycling

So I've had a change,

I'd just bought this bike when this thread started and posted it in the first page. However someone has decided they needed it more than me and so its gone....incredibly frustrating!!! Reported to the police of course but chances are low of a return. So if anyone see's this bike around (stolen from Hornsby Train Station - Northern tip of Sydney), let me know!

So now I've pulled dad's old bike out (circa late 80's/early 90's) which is an Apollo Vitesse 14 speed. All the gear on it is Shimano and even after not being ridden for 15 years the gear changes are quick and smooth and rides very freely. Threw some new tyres+tubes in it and lubed it up and I'm back on the road so to say!

Only downside is that it's not light, but it'll do until I can get something else more suitable for the station run.

Pretty disappointed that someone can steal something from you, but totally out of our control when they have the tools!