View Single Post
Old 16-03-2011, 01:20 AM   #33
Johnd1
Starter Motor

Default Re: Just bought a Eibach. Should I join the RAC?

Well I finally joined the RAC because I got a flat battery and I took my Cougar in for a $280 service today. Of course I got a small list of what I need to get fixed as well.

The car has done 115,000ks and I am told the the left and right front lower ball joints are excessively worn which is a worry because the same people serviced the car at 114,250ks in 2009 and didn't notice anything wrong then! Work that one out..

I was told that you can no longer get the ball jounts on their own and I have to get the whole assembly (whatever that is) for RHF $800.00 and LHF $700, then there's labour costs.

The aircon compressor is also kaput which is why I don't have any cold air. Quote around $2,000 if I can find one!

I hope the following link is okay to put in here but given that we have 2 Cougar Eibach's I feel a whole lot better about parts. They have a compressor for $671 at https://pontiworld.com.au/ and ball joints for $36 each.

I can also get some off eBay for around $50 a pair including postage but I think I might stick with the US Ford Service Parts people....PS: I just noticed that they are based in Australia..

Update on Alana'a Cougar..quote from Ford for a new ABS Module $6000,00 - it's being sent over East for a $275 rebuild tomorrow. Will let you know how we go...

Cheers
John
Perth Western Australia
Johnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote