View Single Post
Old 22-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #74
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I've read those reviews, and I've seen one in person. The Skoda is an impressive car - lots of room and good level of equipment as standard.

I'm a little concerned that they might not be here in 10 years, as they aren't selling many cars, and the parts might be pricey.

Plus the people in the dealership look at the Skoda were a little older than me (just turned 40). So I think we with one young child and working on a second ;-) might not be the demographic they are aiming at. We certainly weren't rushed by the sales people. While the older people were, but that's nothing different.

As for the Citroen, it's price for me. This looks OK: http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/bncis/details.aspx?R=9182520&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_Y earMade_Int32|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Price Sort_Decimal|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%20 1252%201282%204294966818%204294966656%201562&Searc hAction=N&silo=1011&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=1 5&trecs=24&__sid=1265B15AB1D9, but that cream leather with a young child - maybe not.

Again, it comes down to supply, I am interested in the Mondeo and it's probably still my first choice, but that's not to say others aren't on the list. I would prefer a diesel wagon and an auto.

I've looked at the Dodge Journey, nice, but do I really need 7 seats and American reliability?
Cx7, Nice too, but bit 'Mumsy' for me, and I drive it most of the time.
Territory, nice too, but there's a new diesel coming out so I could wait.
Calias V Sportswagon, new update, pricey ($60k for a tarted up Commodore FFS! !!), and I'd only get the V8, as I've never had one.
There's a V6 Grand Cherokee coming out in January, so I might check that out, but again - American built...

When I get some time, I'll trawl the dealers. Open to suggestions, so bring them on with links.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote