View Single Post
Old 28-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #17
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
This weekend I went for a wander to a function in Crows Nest and as it is "caravan season" on the New England Hwy there were lots of them.

One tried to kill me and another car on the way down and one tried to wipe out a whole line of traffic on the way back.

Both times it appeared that the driver "forgot" they had a trailer.

A loony with 3 motorbikes on a trailer being towed by an ancient commodore was convinced, I am sure, that the trailer had IRS and didn't seem to notice it bouncing around crossing the centre line several times.

So the question.....

Should there be a "trailer endorsement" or category on a driver's license required before a driver can tow a trailer and if so how should it be brought in?
OMG YES!!! I think for once everyone agrees here!!!

The military driving licence is very ******** and each and every trailer type is endoresed on their licences. 2 ton, 5 ton, 10ton, dual axle, single axle, articulated etc..

I went to the dump once and this poor woman there had no clue how to reverse a trailer, but at least she had the sence to ask me to do it for her.

A large majority of trailers i see on the road are so dangerous its not funny.
Most appear over loaded, have bald flat tyres, lights which dont work or a smashed off completely and riddled with rust!!!!

A lot of people dont even bother to cover their loads.

The amount of times i have seen people forget they have a trailer attached to their vehicle is incredible... then again the sad driver behavour overall is pretty pathetic too.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote