View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
Jallopy

So that is why you guys put the hand brake in the middle where the console should be.

Plenum chamber has been repaired before but was cut open again to do a couple of minor leaks. Its all good now.

The owner has found his calling in life ......... repairing XA coupes that should of been sent to the junk yard. Another one saved forever from the scrap yard he says.

He is quite content to spend a few hours every day with the mig welder welding in rust patches. My mig welder is a synergic pulse mig and I am using copper silicon .8 wire, argon shielding gas. This is superior to using normal steel mig wire, as not as much heat needs to go into the panels to weld. Clean up is easy as the copper grinds off a lot faster because it is softer material. The welds generally lay flatter as the copper silicon flows better. Less clean up time. This wire is not cheap around the $300 for a roll.

I do all the more technical work like replacing sill panels, boot channel gutters, body filler, door gaps etc.

The best tool for removing rust and old paint in hard to get places is the angle grinder with the wire wheel it absolutely rips!!

Did I mention this is a budget build up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2510.JPG (59.3 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by Jallopy; 06-09-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Jallopy is offline   Reply With Quote