View Single Post
Old 15-07-2009, 01:04 AM   #97
EG30

the lack of carpet back of rear beaver panel doesnt bother me one bit, as one member wisely said you have to be locked inside the boot to see it.

and the seat backs I would prefer it to be carpeted, but since it's black and a hard wearing power coated surface instead of body colour paint it's fine. Sure it will scuff somewhat but you wont notice it and unless you manage to scrape it down to bare metal it wont rust either.

Just noticed the other day, the steering wheel is only leather trimmed on the sides and not the top and the bottom lol. Only cars I've seen with such setup are those with wood/suede/carbon capping for the top and bottom bits. The plastic bits steel feels fine just like the fully rubber/plastic wheel on base models it's the shape and thickness of the rim which makes the car feels just so right.

instead of giving us trims and finishings consistently mediocre across the board due to budget constrains of a cheap car, they have decided to spend the $ on the important touchy feely bits such as the dash top, instruments, central stack, stalks etc and skimp on the bottom part of the dash, rear dome light, rear brakes,trims and paint in non crucial areas. The WS is definately one of the stand out bargains on the market at the moment, if it was $2-3K more it would still sell well.

may be they'll add more of those missing stuff when they start building them at the Thai factory next year where it's much cheaper to build than in Germany and our free trade agreement with them; or give us the same spec at a few K less like when the Jazz started coming from Thailand.
EG30 is offline   Reply With Quote