View Single Post
Old 20-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Default No V8 option from Ford in 2010....

Hi guy's, this is the exact conversation and what I was told minutes ago by a new car sales man at my local Ford dealer, now before anyone goes of on a tangent here, I 1stly must say that I had a very deep and meaningfull discusion or should I say debate with this chap.
It started out as I had some time up my sleave and was out that way and decided to drop into the Ford dealership just to see what they had on offer,

The salesman approached me and I told him politely that I was mearly just killing time and having a look, typically he had to try and sell me something, so I played along a little and said I was really waiting untill the series II anyway, and he then said thats yrs away,
I told him that I expect to see it mid next yr, and anyway I wasn't sold on whether I wanted an V8 again or try a turbo six, he then told me that I would not be able to buy a V8 come this time next yr as Ford are dropping the V8 alltogether,
This is when my blood boiled and I said where did he get this info from and can I see a memo as there must be a memo or are you just hear saking, he said no, I have or we have been told by Ford Aus that there will be no V8's available at all in 2010,
I said I had heard about a certain new V8 being tested and such and that I didn't believe him and could he please show me some proof, he said it is because of the fuel crissis and people arn't buying V8's.
Now at this stage I was really annoyed with the fact that a Ford dealership at this stage of the Fincial crisis and selling a new car would be a priority to any dealership, that a new carsales man would actually say this and start such rummours,
I looked at this individual and said , I am disgusted that a new carsalesman would say such things and said some rather foul word's and walked out on him, another saleslady that heard this come after me and polietly appoligised.
But I find it extreamly dishearting that such a dealership would employ this kind of tatics.
Anyway I now know why this certain dealership does not have as much stock on hand anymore and look's to be sruggling to do bussiness, I can clearly say that they will never see my $$$$ ever again. :evil3:

galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote