View Single Post
Old 15-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #12
Thunderbird

I can add to this tail too.. SAME PLACE.. Stony Creek Road just past the Hurstville Turn-off.. its about 5.30 am.. I'm driving to work in my Mitz Lancer Coupe.. (1974 era type rally car - fairly rare now days).
Cruising the speed limit an on the inside lane.. a paper truck goes flying by... then moves to the left fairly sharply... urr WTF .. but OK.... next another .. but he miss judges and swipes the RHS front of the Lancer.. between his push and natural want to get out of the way.. and shear LUCK.. I mount the curb and go into somebodies scrubs and garden...
The trucks continue up the road.. don't want to wear this .. and with no time to think.. the engine was still going.. I could see some panel damage.. I reversed out and gave chase... thru a red light carefully and on about 1km or so.. as they approached a set of lights they slowed down and I pulled in front and stopped.
That's when I first really saw the damage on my car but they were a bit startled too.. I was in full uniform on my way to Long Bay for the early day shift.. the drivers did not muck around.. the 2nd truck who hit me.. still had all the yellow paint on his side bars and a side lamp broken.. A home owner came out .... preparing to call the cops....if needed... but this trucker seemed decent....
Later I learned he had a series of warrants out for him.. his employer covered the damage and they wrote the car off.. & they gave it back to me with a decent cheque. All ended up well... but .. without the chance that there was NO POLE in my way.. the car still started.. and drove... I was able to catch them & I was in uniform.. then entire situation could have been deadly and costly.

Somebodies looking after us.... we are the lucky ones....
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote