View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 01:08 AM   #72
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXR8
Oh man thats heartbreaking. Someone needs to rescue this thing before it goes beyond repair. Good find, i would kill for one of these. Lets hope it doesnt spend to much more time like this, it needs to be out on the street.
I kinda smile at these comments , I have over the years owned a number of them and it might be romantic but without a lot of work they still handle nothing like a modern car and normally are not as quick
Recently we moved and seeing I own to many cars I decided to cull at least one project , towie arrives and his eyes hit the stalks , makes an offer on a couple of cars and eventually he moves everything and becomes the proud owner of a 48 Austin van on a hand built chassis with a clevo motor and fmx/9" , he swapped me a really clean 97 Wagon for the A40 which needed mountains of work to be finished ,I was happy until a mate ofered to take the wagon off my hands for more than the A40 owed me and then some . Im now a very happy owner of a Daimler Double 6 with a very warm 5.8 Wheezr and 4 speed auto..so now there are two very tidy jags and a Ford in the drive > some weeks you have a win , now I just have to find storage for my little 64 Ford coupe till I get around to finishing...
I hope you find a coupe but give though to something like a 65 or 66 sedan with mods that can be had still quite cheaply . Ps: My first GT /351 cost me $4700 new back when
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote