View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #21
cpapashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfam
Anyone got any ideas on where to get a new/replacement alternator - mine crapped out this week and Ford are quoting $2500!! Oh and yes we are talking a '99 cougar.. little kitty seems to be running the gamit of issues few yrs ago fuel pump went that was a costly little bugger but this one takes the cake so far. love the car but ford oz are pretty average at spare parts for their imports.. was able to find a spare fuel pump from some wrecker in melbourne & hoping i might be able to do the same for a 2nd hand alty - but can't remember how i found them

totally green at this forum stuff so any ideas/suggestions welcome! & apols if this plea for help is posted in wrong place.

ta
I know there is often small differences in peripheral parts, but always worth a check to see whether the corresponding part on the 00/01 Mazda MPV will fit. I also think their calculation for labour costs is a bit off. I would get some information on what the procedure is for replacing the alternator, and challenge their quote.

Also get a second opinion from a Mazda dealer, as well as an independent.
Custom Equal Length Headers and secondary pipes
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package
and a greddy emanage waiting for install...
E-Manage Forums
A Mazda MPV is really only a cougar
in family friendly clothing............:
cpapashley is offline   Reply With Quote